We invite you to join and become an active member of Oregon Minority Lawyers Association ("OMLA"). OMLA seeks individuals interested in participating in activities that benefit minority attorneys, Oregon's minority legal community, and the minority community in Oregon.
Please Save the Date for the Oregon Minority Lawyers Association's (OMLA) 14th Annual Summer Social and Fundraising Auction on Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM at the World Trade Center!
The Oregon Minority Lawyers Association (OMLA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports Oregon's minority legal community. OMLA's Summer Auction & Social raises money to provide scholarships to minority law school graduates who are dedicated to serving the people of Oregon. By supporting the Summer Auction with your attendance, your firm is demonstrating its commitment to diversity in Oregon's legal community.
If you would also able to support this year's Auction with a individual or law firm donation, OMLA has several levels of donations to support the event:
Benefactor: $1,000 or more
Patron: $500 - $999
Friend: $250 - $499
Associate: less than $250
We have set up an online donation form for convenience here.
We hope to see you this Summer!
The IMAGE Program
“Inspiring Minority Attorneys Toward Growth and Excellence”
Friday, May 17, 2013 | Portland, Oregon
Location: Clackamas County Hilltop Campus (Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Rd., Oregon City, OR 97045)
A retention program designed to build skills, network and leadership for racial and ethnic
minority attorneys as they begin their legal careers in Oregon.
• Self-identified racial and ethnic minority attorneys
• Admitted members of the Oregon State Bar
• Within first three years of law practice in Oregon
Goals of the Program
• Help prepare racial and ethnic minority attorneys new to the Oregon legal community for
the culture of their particular employment setting and the legal profession generally.
• Teach survival skills for entering and excelling in the profession as diverse lawyers.
• Provide a safe space for new attorneys to ask questions, share concerns and discuss
unique issues faced by racial and ethnic minority attorneys.
• Build a support network for racial and ethnic minority attorneys with their peers as they
start the practice of law in Oregon.
• Introduce lawyers to ways to develop leadership skills to cultivate the next generation of
racial and ethnic minority leaders.
• Increase retention of racial and ethnic minority attorneys practicing in Oregon.
• Create a legal community that better reflects the diversity of the community at large and
promotes access to justice.
Ways to Support IMAGE
• Promote program to racial and ethnic minority attorneys.
• Monetary donations payable to “Oregon Minority Lawyers Association IMAGE Program.”
• In kind donations for logistical support and services (graphic design; mailings; hosting
reception or meals; providing scholarships for attendees).
IF YOU ARE A RACIAL/ETHNIC MINORITY ATTORNEY WITHIN THREE YEARS OF BEING
ADMITTED TO THE OREGON STATE BAR, SAVE THE DATE FOR THIS PROGRAM!
For more information on the IMAGE Program, please contact Liani Reeves at:
OMLA would like to thank our Oregon legal professionals and others in the community their generous support of our 13th Annual Summer Social and Fundraising Auction! We were glad to see so many of our colleagues in attendance and hope you were all able to enjoy the food, drink, and entertainment provided for the evening. OMLA would also like to highlight the following groups and individuals for their sponsorship of our annual flagship event, without whom this event could not be possible:
We hope to see you at next year's Auction!
We invite you to join and become an active member of Oregon Minority Lawyers Association ("OMLA"). OMLA seeks individuals interested in participating in activities that benefit minority attorneys, Oregon's minority legal community, and the minority community in Oregon. Membership in OMLA is open to any lawyer, law student, or other individual who supports the purposes of OMLA.